Thursday, April 2, 2009

April Fools, Friends, and a Verse

It is with a very heavy heart that I must inform you that John's new job has fallen through. We had to take the dog back after he ate 2 of the neighborhood cats. My new job has also fallen through , so I will continue staying home with Will. He is very upset about not getting to participate in the explosions and dances. The new weight loss show has been canceled. Our maid quit--even she could not stand the mess. Unfortunately, the children we were adopting will have to stay in Val Verde. And in case you did not figure it out, yesterday was April Fools! But remember...there is a grain of truth in every lie (except for maybe the one about the dog).


Friends
A few important updates...

Please keep praying for my friend Doug. He has a long road to complete recovery. Also pray for his wife and daughter who are adjusting to him not being at home.

My friend Marion's job is possibly in danger with some new legislation. Please click here and scroll to the bottom to sign this petition and help a friend of a friend (me!). You will also be helping students get competitive loan rates for higher education.

I have another friend who has also been working hard to create a new blog to help mothers. It's got lots of good information on it and links to helpful resources. Check it out here.


My New Verse
I can't back down from a challenge, but I sure can slack off. I hit the first 2 or 3 verses hard, but since then I haven't been memorizing my verses. I am going to get back at it. We are only on verse 7, so surely I can catch up, but only if I start now. Regardless, it has still been good to see that God always has something to say about right where I am. Here is my newest verse...

Hebrews 12:1 NIV
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment