Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A New Era

Those who know me well, know that I have never been a big fan of politics. I avoid watching the news because it's depressing. I figure if anything big enough happens that I need to know about, someone will tell me. So it is not so surprising that since Will's nap time had to fall during the presidential inauguration yesterday, we just slept through it, though we did manage to see a few highlights later.

I join many others who will pray for our new president, who definitely has his work cut out for him. I was very happy to hear that Rick Warren prayed for President Obama in Jesus name. I agree that it is exciting to see a new president, one who represents a dream for many, welcomed into office.

At the same time, I think it is extremely sad that President Bush left with his reputation tarnished. I, for one, never want to feel the pressure of being the president of our great nation. He had impossible circumstances to deal with during his entire administration. No matter what decisions he could have made, he would have been wrong in the eyes of many. Check out this eloquent post, Thank You, President Bush, that I found through a link on one of my friend's blogs. Let me finish by saying that I am proud it was President Bush who signed my son's certificate of citizenship and officially welcomed Will to America.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I was telling Mallory the other day that I was so glad we had President Bush's signature on her citizenship letter. It is framed and hanging next to our pictures from Forever Family Day in the hall.

    ReplyDelete