Sunday, February 1, 2009

My 3rd Set of Verses

For this reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1:5-8

The part that really stood out to me this time was "in increasing measure." I may have some of those things, but they are not always increasing. My hope is that in memorizing what I am to work on, I won't be so stagnant in my walk.

1 comment:

  1. It is awesome that you are working so diligently to hide God's Word in your heart. I know He will bless you and increase these and many other qualities for your time meditating upon Him as revealed in the Scriptures you commit to memory.
    AND, I like the new site design!
    Praying for your continued pursuit of godliness,

    ReplyDelete