Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Don't Blink

The year is almost 1/6 of the way over. Don't blink!

I've been absent here because I've been focusing on my 365 blog. If you are hankering for more, check it out!

This new year was the first time I didn't really feel the hankering for New Years Resolutions. My 365 challenge is more of a challenge and growth project than a resolution.

My Bible study decided to read the Bible through in a year, with assigned daily readings. The beauty of it, however, is that the ultimate goals is to actually get through it in a year, so if I'm lax for a day I don't feel like I totally blew it.

ONE WORD
Last year I heard about choosing One Word for a year and focusing on that word all year instead of setting resolutions. My word was easy to pick...completion. I have so many 1/2 started projects and grand ideas that haven't come to fruition. Funny thing is that, no, nothing on my list is completed! But some things are dangerously closer than they would have been otherwise. Again, focusing on the grace and not fretting until the end of the year!

Then I heard that you should pick words for your family members too--things to pray over since I obviously can't make them do anything! Choosing words for them was much harder.
*John's word is still changing continuously. Maybe I'll have the perfect word picked out for him by next year.
*When I asked Will what word he wanted, he picked "poop." Quite fitting since he is such a big stinker head! I couldn't help but laugh out loud--for several minutes! But once I explained what I meant, he picked "Jesus." That's my Sweetie. I'm praying for a real understand of who Jesus is and a personal relationship for him. He is totally obsessed with Easter right now, to no credit of my own, so I think it's working.
*Gemma's word flips back and forth between growth and health...physically, mentally, spiritually, and emotionally. You may think she's too young for the spiritual, but I give babies way more credit than most.

And so our 2011 has begun. And is already 1/6 over! Don't blink!

No comments:

Post a Comment