Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thankful


2 Thanksgiving Turkeys

A speaker recently highlighted this verse...

GIVE THANKS IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES; FOR THIS IS GOD'S WILL FOR YOU IN CHRIST JESUS. DO NOT QUENCH THE SPIRIT. 1 Thessalonians 5:18-19

and it really got me thinking...

I'm grumpy when I don't get a good night's sleep...because I have the most comfy bed in the world.

I'm lonely when my husband has to be out late...because I'm married to my best friend.

I get frustrated when Will misbehaves...because he normally has unusually good behavior.

I hate paying full price for items...because I have access to great stores and coupons that allow me to get much of what I want and need at a fraction of the normal cost.

I long for vacation every year...because I've been to some of the most beautiful and interesting places in the world.

I hate not being able to find the perfect gift for my loved ones...because my mom always knew just what we would want, even when we didn't even know it existed.

I don't like sitting still...because there are so many interesting things to occupy my time.

I'm worried when my daughter coughs...because I've been blessed with a healthy baby girl.


I'm thankful because everything I truly want and need is at my fingertips...I'm thankful because I'm blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment